Saturday, November 17, 2007

tedious agriculture


IAMNOTAVIDEOARTIST :: IAMANOMAD
this is a part-moment of a bug in circuit. the bug was missing a leg and walked in a circle over and again, as cars and belgian agriculture passed and embroiled it. the footage is part of a triptych taken from our walk from holland to brussels and will form the left section of a 10:49 minute loop; a component of my installation during Plankton Bar on the 30th of Nov.
fyi: after filming we placed the bug in grass and leaves nearby, which we're sure is where it was heading; (as we weren't making a nature documentary it was more than ok to intervene in the occurrence). tedious agriculture is the name of this aspect of the project: the visual representation of Nomadics as experienced by Mattathias Levi Dravich and myself during our 80km walk through the dense regional agriculture/seemingly endless suburbia of nederlands-belgique.

2 comments:

grace said...

Hello! I am looking for Mattathias Levi Dravich. I went to school a long time ago with a Matt Dravich and I think he and your friend might be the same person. About 17 years ago Matt and I had a falling out, I was young and extreme and I have wanted to apologize for years but lost track of him when he went to Australia. If you feel comfortable passing on my info or his to me I would be super happy. Thank you for your time, sincerely grace
email=chefgracetara@gmail.com

grace said...

ps. the bug video is like reading poetry simple with so much to say